It’s pointless to start these kinds of posts with empty words about how this year has come and gone with the agility of a lumbering Blastoise and the quietness of a screeching Golbat. (These things are both true.)
It’s also pointless for me to wax poetic about how I’ve changed in 2021. You were here, too; you lived it with me. So what I actually want to say is: Thank you. Thank you for being here and for supporting me through one of the most challenging–and rewarding!–years of my life.
Let’s see here. In 2021, I…
- Started streaming regularly.
- Joined an online group of amazing people who continuously show me they care about me and want to see me grow.
- Paid off all my debt.
- Got divorced.
- Adopted my beautiful cat, Cora.
- Continued making art, and continued trying to be intentional about the art I create.
- Grew my own vegetables from seed and planted them in the actual ground!
- Started! Wearing! Crop tops!
In looking back on this post, the only thing I really haven’t touched yet is self-publishing the novel. I am still working on that. It’s slow going, mostly because I’m dragging my feet on getting a cover designed. It is edited already though, and ready to go! I’ll need to map out the marketing plan ahead of this.
I’m looking forward to the next year. It should bring a lot of positive growth for me and mine. If nothing else, I’m ready to commit to moving more, drinking good coffee, eating good cookies, and living with more joy.
Happy New Year!